Lean is the term coined by a group of researchers at MIT, USA while they studied Toyota Production System (TPS) as part of an international automotive industry. Lean manufacturing methods have been pioneered, refined and perfected at Toyota Motors, Japan. Lean became associated with a certain business capability - "The ability to accomplish more with less".
Lean manufacturing is a systematic approach for identifying and eliminating waste in operations through continuous improvement for doing everything more efficiently, reducing the cost of operating the system and fulfilling the customer's desire for maximum value at the lowest price.
Lean companies substantially improve their products and services while at the same time reducing waste and corresponding costs.Successful implementation of a lean improves an organization’s marketplace and financial performance.
Lean efforts are not limited to manufacturing; a lean mindset applies to any process. Lean techniques can be used to reduce waste and add value to processes in the office, in maintenance, and even in sales and R&D. In some cases, the impact of a lean approach in the office can be even more dramatic than in manufacturing processes.
Silver certification is focused on application of lean principles and tools at value stream level,which is referred to as "Integrative Lean"- which involves integration of lean activities and organizational restructuring to transform the value stream and sustain the same.As a Lean Professional you should also have the ability to mentor and coach others on both tactical and integrative Lean.
- To understand the organizational & cultural aspects of Lean
- To be able to document and improve value streams
- To be able to actively participate in hoshin planning
- To be able to lead cycle time reduction projects
- To be able to apply principles and methods of TPM
- To be able to explain and use Lean accounting practices
This training and certification is delivered completely online. The Learning Management System (LMS) provides following features:
Multimedia lecture (Audio lectures with automatic slide transition)
Quiz, with correct answers and explanations for the wrong answers.
Discussion forum for engaging in dialogue with other participants.
Step-by-Step project guidance
The course is based on Body-of-Knowledge of SME, USA :
- Toyota Way
- Understanding Toyota Way
- Constancy and Grow Leaders
- Develop People &Teams
- Long-term Approach with Partners and Suppliers
- Genchi Genbutsu, Decision Making and Lean Organization
- Value Stream Mapping
- Basic Concepts of VSM
- Documenting Production or Process Flow
- Adding Facts to the Map
- Capturing Travel Distances
- Capturing Communication Flow
- Creating Future State Map
- SMED and SBCE
- Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED)
- History of SMED
- Conceptual Stages
- Steps for SMED
- Practical Techniques
- Lean Product Development (SBCE)
- Basics of Set-based Approach
- Principles of Set-Based Concurrent Engineering (SBCE)
- Hoshin Kanri
- Understanding Hoshin Kanri
- Implementing Hoshin Kanri
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Understanding TPM
- Six Big Losses
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Education, Health and Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Lean Accounting
- Lean Accounting Basics
- Lean Performance Measurement
- Cell Performance Measurement
- Value Stream Measurement
ISL-Lean Silver certification is awarded on completion of the following:
- Complete 6 learning modules
- Score 60% or more in quiz at the end of each learning module
- Apply lean principles, tools and methods in any one value stream
- The students interested in joining the ISL-Lean Silver course should have completed ISL - Lean bronze certification first.
Register online at www.isl.co.in and pay Fee Rs 17,978/- (for students in India) and Rs 30,800/- (for students outside India) through Credit Card,bank transfer, Demand Draft or Cheque (in favour of Institute of Sigma Learning Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad). You will receive the course material within 10 working days.